TRANSFORMING GROWTH FACTORALPHA (TGFα)

This naturally occurring protein has been shown in animal studies to stimulate massive proliferation, migration and differentiation of neuronal progenitor cells.

These new cells are capable of replacing those lost due to stroke, injury, or disease, thereby restoring function.

Studies showed that intranasal administration of the enhanced TGFα induced significant cellular proliferation, migration, and differentiation, and improved behavioral deficits, concluding that it is a viable therapeutic strategy for treating chronic stroke. This noninvasive delivery method eliminates the risks of intracranial surgery.

NeuroRepair, Inc., in collaboration with BioAtla® LLC in San Diego, California, has developed 143 novel variants of TGFα. One or more of the new mutants may prove to be even more efficacious than native TGFα.

NeuroRepair is presently patenting the variants in the United States, Europe, Japan, China and Australia.

  • Direct medical costs of stroke in the US are forecast to reach $190 billion by 2030.
  • Direct and indirect costs of Parkinson's disease in the US:
    $15.5 billion per year.
A FOCUS ON

CHRONIC STROKE

87% of strokes are classified as ischemic. An ischemic stroke occurs when a clot or a mass blocks a blood vessel, cutting off blood flow to a part of the brain.

Most strokes (87%) are ischemic (caused by thrombosis or embolisms) and the rest (13%) are hemorraghic (caused mainly by rupture of blood vessel or aneurysm).

75 billion
40 Seconds
795000 every year
Stroke Survivors
Highest Prevalence
75 billion